Search by job title or keyword
Planning Team Manager
We’re The Very Group, home to Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and a team of 4,000 super-talented people. I am currently looking for a Planning Team Manager to join our high performing Inventory and Planning Team, based in our state of the art fulfiment centre, Skygate, based in the East Midlands.
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
The Planning Team Manager will lead the people and processes within the operational area of the fulfilment centre. They will ensure that the working environment is efficient, and customer focussed in order to exceed operational KPI’s. The Planning Team Manager will ensure the smooth running of an effective planning function and build site’s capacity in accordance with customer delivery requirements and budget constraints.
- Build and communicate efficient operational short, medium and long term labour plans that provide required capacities based on customer’s needs and priorities
- Create and issue rota schedules and monitor employees annual leave to ensure operational capacity and company’s contractual and legal obligations are met.
- Coordinate Inbound planning processes to ensure smooth product flow into the depot.
- Oversee Outbound planning to provide skilled labour and transport resource adequate to required capacities and in line with the budgeted targets.
- Manage Agency communications regarding operational requirements, recruitment & training.
- Ensure sufficient and appropriate consumables are available for the operations.
- Produce attendance and KPI tracking tools & reports.
- Prepare and deliver presentations relevant to Planning area to management team.
- Understand problems, initiate long term structured improvement projects and ensure their timely delivery.
- Prioritise tasks to ensure targets and deadlines are met.
- Ensure adequate cover for all daily planning tasks.
- Ensure engagement with other departments
- Drive accountability within the Planning Team.
- Oversee the development and progression of analysts by setting SMART objectives and monitoring progress
- Support the Planning Manager with the planning and managing staffing levels during the shift, working with other areas in the fulfilment centre to re-assign resource if/and when required to ensure customer demand and other KPIs are met
- Monitor productivity throughout the site and maintain company standards.
- Assist in building and reviewing site operational budget.
Essential knowledge, skills, role specific qualifications:
- Experience of leading a team within a fulfilment or manufacturing environment to achieve departmental and site KPIs
- Applicants MUST HAVE experience of resource planning within a fulfilment environment
- Experience of developing, coaching and engaging a team
- Strong technical and analytical skills, especially in Excel and Access
- Comprehensive knowledge of operational activity within an automated fulfilment centre
- Understanding of the end to end process within an automated fulfilment centre.
- Ability to deputise for the Planning Manager if required
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement tools & techniques
- Understands commercial impacts of decisions made
- Adaptable. Proactive, team player
- Resilient, with the ability to deal with challenges arising through the start-up of the site
- Flexible approach with a desire to exceed targets through proactive management
- Cultural ambassador for the fulfilment centre
- Customer focussed and aware if the external and internal requirements for quality, efficiency and accuracy
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about operations, looking for their next career move.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A competitive salary and benefits package is available for the successful candidate