Search by job title or keyword
QA Engineer - CRM
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work. The role itself will be a mix of on-site vs remote, we've adapted well to remote ways of working and will continue to embrace those practices moving forward.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent?
About the role
We are looking for an experienced QA Engineer for our Customer Care tribe, which is one of several tribes across The Very Group.
Each tribe is made up of multiple squads and Customer Care includes the exciting, new CRM and Chatbot squads, where there is a high level of integration with distributed teams, business colleagues and 3rd party partners.
The QA Engineer collaborates with the squad at each stage of the software development process and engages with the tribe QA Principal and the wider QA function across The Very Group, to ensure that a standard set of test approaches are implemented and maintained.
The delivery framework for the squads is agile Scrum.
You are confident building the test approach for story delivery and leading discussion around scope and risk, from a QA perspective . Whilst our approach is ‘automation first’, it is more important that that you understand the principles of where automation can deliver the most benefit, and how to find the right balance between automated and exploratory testing, rather than be a pure Automation Engineer.
As QA Engineer you will be expected to drive a collaborative approach within the squad, promoting the mindset of continuous quality and testing and positively supporting that approach to other colleagues or stakeholders if required.
You have experience in multi-disciplined teams and are confident communicating and working with distributed teams, business / operational colleagues and 3rd parties. You ideally have experience with Contact Centres and CRM platforms and delivery of operational applications in these areas.
The Customer Care QA team is small and heavily integrated into the tribe, operating a hands-on and pro-active approach to delivery. It is important that you are comfortable working closely with colleagues who may not be within the IT function and so are able to communicate information at an appropriate level . If you are not familiar with a particular tool, application or issue you have a self-motivating approach to learning, investigation and innovative resolution.
You have an active interest in the future of QA and Test disciplines and will work with the QA Principal and wider QA function, to be aware of relevant industry developments - reviewing testing processes and strategies to ensure that the tribe remain current.
- Proven Software QA and Testing experience (2 years+), at a practical execution level.
- Good knowledge of software testing methodologies, tools and processes – particularly within a Scrum framework
- Good interpersonal skills; confidently communicating and working with distributed teams, business colleagues and 3rd parties
- Working with SaaS solutions
- Understanding of automation principles and awareness of automation tools
- Awareness of Non-functional testing, particularly performance and security testing
- Exploratory testing
- Test driven approaches to software engineering
- Pro-active problem-solving abilities, at a technical level
Technical Skills Required:
- SOAPUI/JMeter/Postman or other REST/SOAP API test tools
- Code Repositories (BitBucket/GitHub)
- CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Cross Browser tools (e.g. BrowserStack)
- Selenium or equivalent automation tools
- Database structures and SQL
Preferred but not required
- Mobile / Web testing of CUI
- Selenium or equivalent automation tools
- Database structures and complex SQL
- Salesforce solutions
- Telephony, IVR and Contact Centre systems
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is a passionate QA and Test Engineering who is looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Steven Williams or Jordan Barlow in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- £250 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health trained first aiders across the business
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility