Search by job title or keyword
Senior QA Engineer - Logistics and Fulfilment Tribe
The Logistics and Fulfilment (L&F) squad are on a journey of re-engineering systems and processes to simplify the supply chain to better delight our customers through improving stock management and the customer order journey. As a result, the L&F Tribe are recruiting Senior QA Engineers
Our QA Engineers are an integral part of the Squads and responsible for ensuring change is of a quality our customers, colleagues and shareholders expect. You’ll be expected to work in a cross functional team, embracing close collaboration and engaging in conversations with Product Managers, Delivery Leads Software Engineers, Architects, Business Analysts, 3rd parties and the rest of QA. Every day is different, and you’ll be expected to become a trusted subject matter expert in our area and use this knowledge and tooling to be empowered to devise the most efficient approach to testing change.
You’ll be happy collaborating, discussing and taking ownership of quality throughout the testing lifecycle.
You’ll have the ability drive quality from the start of the solution process and used to taking the lead. Actively engage in the 3 Amigo’s sessions, can assess and devise the testing required, control the testing process, highlight issues and communicate issue and risks
We need someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment, accepts that priorities and plans change and demonstrates adaptability to think out of the box with solutions.
With the nature of our Architecture and the type of change we do; you’ll need to be highly experienced in integration testing and functionally testing data end to end through a number of applications
You’ll need to be experience working with Agile and used to the ceremonies and tools such Jira and Confluence. We’re on a journey and you’re experience and influencing skills in this area will further help us embrace this.
We have big plans as we invest in new technologies such as Cloud based applications and aspire to ‘automate first and develop CI/CD pipelines where testing plays a big part. As a Senior QA Engineer, we need you to embrace this way of thinking, bring your expertise , be inspired to innovate and build your skills in this area.
We need you to talk quality to everyone in the squad. You’ll be happy coaching and mentoring and be active in the community by sharing your knowledge, seek ways to continuously develop and strive to improve how we do things
- Proven track record of integration testing involving multiple applications and 3rd parties
- A hands-on approach to functional e2e testing, including UAT
- Solid knowledge of databases, the ability to query using SQL and manipulate XLM
- Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate confidence in taking the lead on quality deliverables and build a trusted relationship within the Tribe
- Confident communicator, both written and verbal. Happy to participate in agile ceremonies, to challenge, influence and lead demo’s and mobbing sessions.
- Demonstrable experience in Agile ways of working
- Ability to both lead and work within diverse multidisciplinary teams both technical and non-technical
- Experience on AWS Cloud based testing and API testing
- Awareness on Non-Functional testing
- Using test tools such as using, using tools such as Postman, Swagger, SOAPUI, JMter and Jenkins
- Testing with CI/CD pipelines with knowledge of Bitbucket and Jenkins
- Experience of Jira and Confluence including setting up workflows, dashboards and filter
- Knowledge of Test-Driven approaches to software engineering (BDD & TDD)
- £1,000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health trained first aiders across the business
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility