Search by job title or keyword
Senior Service Lifecycle Manager
We’re re-imagining the way we manage and deliver service, and will create a new way of doing this with Service Lifecycle Managers. This role will manage the service we give our customers and colleagues in a more progressive and agile way centred on new processes, modern tooling and automation – all within the tribal model.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Service Management expert with modern service delivery practices. We need someone to play a key role in the shaping of a new Service Management function. Here you'll be taking a lead role in the strategy, design, implementation and continuous improvement of Service Management activities and strategies throughout the whole service lifecycle, including risk management strategy, design, transition, operations and continual service improvements, along with retiring services no longer utilised. Embracing both Agile and DevOps principles, with regular deployment into live operations whilst maintaining service stability.
Working with senior business stakeholders as the Service owner for a given tribe/business area – you'll be driving availability of services, whilst balancing the need for continuous delivery and fast paced change, continually seeking to improve and innovate.
Additionally you'll act as a mentor for the Service Life Cycle Managers, coaching them on best practices and new and innovative ways of working.
- Develop and delivery service strategies within Tribe and cross-tribe.
- Play a lead role in the risk management process, ensuring that risks are uncovered, understood, with either plans to mitigate or documented acceptance.
- Coach other team members and provide support and act as a point of escalation.
- Senior lead on incident, problem, change and configuration management standards and implementation ensuring we have a stable platform at all times for our customers.
- Identifying and building strong long-term internal customer relationships and comprehensive stakeholder management
- Take a lead role in supporting business wide initiatives, such as peak trading and operating events.
- Responsible for identifying and producing reports on our key metrics and thresholds for insight on the Tribe’s service availability
- Perform proactive trending of incidents to drive improvements and problem management to reduce Incident recurrence and mean time to recovery (MTTR)
- End to End ownership of the Tech Ops Tribe Service catalogue and CMDB
- Working with Tech Ops Tribe on managing third party relations with suppliers, taking ownership of the service aspects of these relationships and driving continuous improvement
- Managing and maintaining our service improvement roadmaps and initiatives
- Supporting Tech Ops Leadership team in evolving our Infrastructure service strategy and driving service improvements
- Facilitate service transition of new products and services into production, working closely with product managers, delivery managers, architects and squads
- Conduct service review meetings, at squad and tribe level, ensuring actions and improvements documented and tracked through to completion
* You will be part of the Service on call rota working with the team to restore services, provide support and guidance, and ensure stakeholders are updated at regular intervals. This will include out of hours support for events and releases including weekends
- Experience of ITIL SM applied in an Agile model (ITL Certified preferable); including but not limited to:
- (Major) Incident Management
- Change & Release Management
- Config Management
- Availability Management
- Experience managing service with 3rd party vendors – including outsourcers, managed services, PaaS, SaaS and IaaS providers.
- Agile ways of working and delivery experience.
- Great people skills / relationship management experience - the ability to build relationships quickly across teams, functions and executive teams.
- Experience in business event management – supporting large scale business activity which require Tech Support i.e. Sale Activities, Trading or Operational seasonal peaks.
- Implemented Continuous Service Improvement initiatives, delivering effective changes.
- Solid understanding of modern tech platforms.
- Strong reporting and written skills.
- Knowledge and experience using modern SM Tools.
- A natural troubleshooter, inquisitive and always seeking answers / solutions to problems.
- £6,500 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- A flexible working culture
- Mental health trained first aiders across the business
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about Tech Ops and Service Managmenets looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Steven Williams in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.