Search by job title or keyword
Tech Talent Partner - 6 month fixed term contract
We’re the UK’s largest integrated digital retailer and financial services provider, and we’ve been helping customers say yes when it matters most for over 100 years. In that time, we’ve consistently reinvented our business to adapt to economic conditions and industry changes – going from bricks, to clicks, to mobile.
But despite our passion for reinvention, we’ve never wavered from our purpose; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It means giving our customers the brands they love, an outstanding shopping experience and flexible ways to spread the cost.
We’ve continued to deliver for our customers throughout the Covid-19 outbreak – and we’ve done it by transforming the way we work.
We’re fired up for the future and the next stage in our development. We’ll give customers access to more great brands for themselves and their families, a seamless shopping experience and even more control of their finances through innovation in flexible ways to pay.
Ready to reinvent? Get in touch.
About the role.
The Very Group isn’t slowing down. The company is progressing its transformation whilst continuing to deliver sustainable, profitable growth. This places considerable demands on its technology function. Although the technology of the business has been effective in supporting its transformation thus far we are investing further in innovation and growth.
We are looking for someone who is truly passionate about working with people, who will be able to track down and hire the very best talent, and help us to continue to hire exceptional people.
This is an opportunity to join a world class in-house talent team that has undergone significant transformation in the last two years.
- You will be an expert in headhunting and converting the best in class talent for The Very Group, you are responsible for getting people excited about The Very Group Your ability to articulate who we are will be second to none.
- You will constantly be looking for creative sourcing strategies and work with innovative methods to attain best in class talent for The Very Group.
- You will proactively provide MI and regular updates to your business areas and maintain a focus on a high talent bar and process improvement
- You will create amazing experiences for potential recruits by making sure they are meeting the right interviewers and that we are ensuring that they are looked after at every stage of the process. You ensure that candidates are treated as individuals.
- You will ensure an engaging and rigorous selection process that enables us to select the best talent for The Very Group.
- You will work with the business stakeholders to support and upskill them on their role in the hiring process and to further understand recruitment demand.
- You will be aware of the commercials and how that flows into the salary and budget for each role you are hiring for. Working closely with Finance and the Head of Investment/Heads of People as needed to get clarity on this if there’s ever any doubt.
- You will drive and execute effective offer management, advising the business areas and Heads of People on the best approach.
- You will deeply understand competitor offerings both in terms of EVP and packages
As Tech Talent Partner you’ll have a track record of recruiting niche skillsets in candidate short markets, your strategic thinking at a senior level in a range of business areas – potentially across the Digital, Retail or Financial Services industries. A background in agency or in house environments is key. You’ll possess an innate ability to understand, translate and search requirements.
You’ll excel at managing relationships as this will be a key part of the role, being comfortable not only building but also maintaining and being able to drive action – while managing stakeholder expectations throughout. To achieve this you will be resilient, driven and ambitious with a thirst to drive forward The Very Group business and help us achieve our strategic ambitions. A proven ability to manage multiple roles simultaneously and quickly adapt to new areas of focus/inputs is essential as things move quickly here at The Very Group.
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays (pro rata)
- Flexible working culture
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing, footwear and home and 15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.